2400 Old Milton Pkwy #551 Alpharetta, GA 30009-9998

Founded in 2018, Self-Discovery: Pain, Positioning & Purpose, Inc. (SDp3) is a 501c3 nonprofit suicide prevention and evidence-based and trauma-informed recovery program that provides multiple approaches to increase wellness, resiliency, and protective factors among those at risk for/or impacted by suicide. SDp3 offers interventions that encourage individuals, families, and communities to learn the warning signs of suicide and reach out for help when necessary. SDp3 works to prevent suicide and foster recovery through advocacy seminars, evidence-based prevention training and workshops, individual coaching and mentoring, and coordination of community-based resources and referrals. Since its inception, SDp3 has provided education, training, counseling, resources, and/or referral services for over 45,000 people who were impacted or concerned about suicide. In 90% of applicable cases, we deescalated a client’s emotional crisis and coordinated resources and referrals for follow-up care. The remaining 10% was referred to partnering agencies for Inpatient, Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) or Day Intensive Programs. To date, we have served an estimated 1,500 LGBTQ+ youth in 2018, 2,800 in 2019, 5,000 in 2020, and 8,000 through our various offerings, including peer to peer, WHAM, WRAP, Mental Wellness, Suicide Prevention, Bullying, Trauma-Informed Care, and Community Resiliency Model Workshops.

Our Work